Waste Transfer Station
The Kingston Waste Transfer Station is located 17-27 Adam Road, KINGSTON
Waste Transfer Station Opening Hours
Sunday 9 am to 12 noon
Tuesday 11 am to 1 pm
Wednesday 1 pm to 4 pm
Friday 11 am to 1 pm
Waste Transfer Station Fees (including GST)
|Small Truck (single axle)||
|Large Truck (bogey axle)||
- Mattress $45.10 per item
- Lounge/Furniture $22.50 per item
Pensioners receive a 10% reduction on production of a pensioner entitlement card.
Upon presentation of a weight note, construction waste will be taken at a rate of $30.25 per tonne up to a maximum of:
- 1. Eight (8) tonnes for a single axle truck where the full charge of $241.80 shall apply.
- 2. Twelve (12) tonnes for a bogey axle truck where the full charge of $362.80 shall apply.
- 3. Fourteen (14) tonnes for a semi-trailer where the full charge of $421.50 shall apply.
Under new regulations, the Kingston Waste Transfer Station will now accept the following items free of charge:
- Plasma Televisions
- Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Televisions
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Televisions
- Rear Projection Televisions
- Portable Processing Machines - ie laptops, notebooks and palmtops
- Desktops/Central Processing Units (CPUs)
- Computer Monitors
- Multi function devices that print, copy, scan and/or fax
- Cards, Motherboards
- Web Cameras
- Digital Video Disk Drives
- Hard Drives
- Floppy Drives
- Mouse and Trackball
- Joysticks and Gamepads
- Electrical transformers designed to be housed in same cabinet as the CPU
DISPOSAL OF GLOBES/TUBES
Residents can dispose of their used globes or tubes (halogen, incandescent and fluorescent globes/tubes) by dropping the globes/tubes at the Kingston District Council Transfer Station for free.
Residents are advised not to place compact fluorescent globes or other fluorescent tubes in their kerbside recycling bin or rubbish bin.