What can go into my Household Waste (red lid) bin?
- Plastic Bags or Bin Liners
- Food Scraps
- Broken Crockery
- General Rubbish
- Mirrors and Windows
What cannot go into my Household Waste (red lid) bin?
- Recyclable Materials
- Gas Bottles
- Car Batteries, Motor Oils and Fuels
- Paint and Chemicals
- Building Materials (including Asbestos)
- Hot Ashes
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Plastic Bottles and Containers
- Milk and Juice Cartons
- Cardboard and Paper Packaging
- Newspapers, Magazines and Waste Paper
- Aluminium and Steel Cans
- Large Heavy Duty Plastic Bags
- Emptied Aerosol Cans
- School Books (including contact cover)
- General Plastic Packaging (packaging around kids toys)
- Hard Plastic (Tupperware)
All Bottles, Food Cartons, Jars and Cans must be emptied and washed with lids off. Please squash Cardboard Packaging and Cartons.
What cannot go into my Recycling Waste (green lid) bin?
- Household Garbage
- Green Waste
- Plastic Bags or Liners
- Any item with food remains
- Batteries, Chemicals, Paint or Gas Bottles
- Wooden or Cane Items
When will my Household Waste (red lid) be collected?
Household waste (red bin) will be collected from commerical, industrial, government, residential and other properites weekly as follows:
TUESDAY – Princes Highway (from the Council boundary on the Millicent approach to Saltwell Road), Saltwell Road, Cape Jaffa Township, Limestone Coast Road, Cape Jaffa Road, Southern Ports Highway (from Limestone Coast Road intersection to the Kingston Township), Kingston Township (north of Promenade Street and South of Maria Creek).
– Princes Highway (from the Saltwell Road intersection to the Kingston township), Kingston Township (south of Promenade Street including Wyomi and Pinks Beach), Rosetown, Smiths Lane and Hutchings Court.
2018/19 Mobile Garbage Bin Collection Calendar(1697 kb)
Download the My Local Services App to get a friendly reminder each week
Commercial, Industrial & Government Properties
Council provide a curbside collection for domestic waste(red lid bin) to the township of Kingston(twice a week) and Cape Jaffa(once a week). Collection is Tuesday and Friday each week.
During the Christmas Holiday period, an additional pick up service is provided to commerical premises in Kingston and Cape Jaffa.
When will my Recycling(green bin) be collected?
Recycling will still continue to be collected on a Thursday, however Waste Bin Zone’s 1 (Tuesday) and 2 (Friday) will receive this service on alternate weeks.
Where can I dump Green Waste?
Kingston District Council provide a Green Waste Dump which is offered free of charge, 7 days a week. The Green Waste Depot is located on Adam Road, Kingston SE, opposite the entrance to the Council's Works Depot. Green Waste ONLY is to be dumped at this site. Maximum diameter of branches to be dumped should not exceed 150 mms.
Purchase of 140 Litre (red lid) rubbish bins $56.00 inc GST
Purchase of 240 Litre (green lid) rubbish bins $84.00 inc GST
Pins for lids, bin lids and wheels are provided at the Council Office free of charge